- 1 cup (250 mL) old-fashioned oats (thick-cut are the best)
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) apple juice
- 3 medium-size apples, grated
- 1 handful raisins, rinsed (optional)
- dash of cinammon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) flaxseed oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) freshly ground flax
- Place first six ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in oil.
- Spoon oatmeal into individual serving dishes and sprinkle with ground flax and flax oil
Makes 2 servings.