- 3 ripe avocados, mashed
- Juice of one small lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely minced green onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sour cream (optional)
- Mix avocados with lemon juice and add garlic. Mix thoroughly.
- Add chopped tomatoes and green onion.
- Stir in sour cream (optional).
Serve as a condiment to fajitas or bean tortillas, with nachos, or as a layer in the Seven-Layer Mexican Party Dip .
For a quick version, use ½ cup (125 mL) salsa in place of tomatoes and minced onion.
Makes 4 servings.