Cilantro is one herb known to help chelate (pull) mercury out of the human body. With our daily exposure to mercury, we should be eating plenty of cilantro.
- 2 cups (500 mL) refried beans
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) guacamole
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped organic parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped cilantro
- 1 cup (250 mL) organic sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 or 5 green onions, finely minced
- 1 bag organic blue or yellow corn tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a 9 in × 12 in (23 cm × 30 cm) glass baking dish, evenly spread the refried beans and cover with half of the grated cheese.
- Next, spread the guacamole, then sprinkle on the parsley and cilantro.
- Next, spread a layer of sour cream and green onions and then the chopped tomatoes.
- For the last layer, add the remaining grated cheese and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake until the cheese melts and the dip is hot throughout. Serve at once with tortilla chips.
Makes 6–8 servings.