- ¾ cup (175 mL) organic applesauce
- ¾ cup (175 mL) honey
- ¼ cup (60 mL) avocado oil
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup (250 mL) almond butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking soda
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) organic cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- ½ cup (125 mL) raw almond pieces
Optional: Replace almond pieces with dried apricot or cranberry chunks.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Blend applesauce, honey, oil, and banana in a food processor until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond butter, flour and salt. Add blended ingredients to the bowl, then add baking soda, cornstarch, and almond pieces.
- Onto an ungreased cookie sheet, scoop rounded mounds of cookie dough, shaping and pressing with a fork. They should be about ½ inch thick and flat on top.
- Bake at 325°F (160°C) for 10-15 minutes until top and edges are light-medium brown.
Makes 4 dozen cookies. They freeze well.