Your choice of chopped peppers, mushrooms, onions, olives, zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes (sun-dried or sliced), green onions, artichokes, baked chicken breast, precooked shrimp, precooked scallops, pine nuts, pineapple, or… anything goes! Get creative!
- 1 cup (250 mL) warm water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) quick rise yeast
- 2 ½ cups (625 mL) spelt flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sea salt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- Mix water and yeast in a cup.
- To a large bowl containing spelt flour and salt, add the water-yeast mixture. Knead in olive oil.
- Allow dough to rise for about an hour (it will double in size) by covering with a clean towel and placing somewhere warm.
- Pound down the risen dough, then place somewhere warm again for about 30 minutes.
- Spread dough over pizza sheet, pile high with vegetables and proteins of your choice.
- Cook in an oven preheated to 400°F for 20-30 minutes or until warm and golden brown.
Crust recipe makes 2 medium pizzas.