- 2 ripe organic tomatoes, chopped
- ¼–½ cup (60-125 mL) chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) finely chopped onion
- ½–3 serrano chili peppers (optional)
- salt to taste
- 1½ cups cooked black beans or 1 can (15 oz/425 g) of organic Eden black beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of two limes
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Omega Garlic-Chili Flax Seed Oil
- Place tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- Add the cilantro and onion to the tomatoes.
- Cut open the chilies, remove all the seeds, and dice very fine.
- Add chilies, salt, and beans to the tomato mixture.
- Pour lime juice and Omega Garlic-Chili Flax Seed Oil over all ingredients.
- Mix, cover, and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Makes 3–4 cups (750 mL−1 L).