- ¾ cup (180 mL) almond, rice, or Chiala milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) oatmeal
- 1 cup (250 mL) unrefined whole wheat flour
- 1tsp (5 mL) non-alum baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) sea salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) organic blueberries
- 1 free-range egg or flax egg substitute
- ¼ cup (60 mL) melted coconut butter
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium bowl combine milk substitute and oatmeal; soak for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt in separate bowl. Fold in blueberries.
- Beat egg lightly in medium bowl. Add melted coconut butter and honey to egg and beat.
- Blend together egg mixture and oatmeal. Then add moist mixture to dry mixture and stir lightly.
- Grease muffin tray or use paper muffin liners. Fill to top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins.