- 2 cups (500 mL) brown rice or other whole grain, cooked
- 1 cup (250 mL) mixed sprouts
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, cilantro, dill)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Combine rice and salad vegetables in a medium bowl. Mix garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper in a dish. Drizzle over salad, toss, and enjoy.
Makes 4-6 servings.