Eggplant is a vegetable that people often wonder how to incorporate into their diet. This recipe is very easy, and fibrous eggplant combined with protective garlic and the healthy fats in tahini make it a wonderful heart food.
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) tahini
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Juice of one medium lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake eggplants for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, then, under cold running water, peel and discard eggplant skins. Let eggplant flesh drain in colander for 10-15 minutes.
- In a food processor, mix eggplants (taking care not to liquefy them too much), then stir in tahini, garlic, and lemon juice. Taste and add salt if required.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint or parsley.
Makes 4 servings.