- 3 lbs (1.5 kg) tomatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sea salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) Omega Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Sucanat (pure cane sugar available from health food stores)
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL) dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper
- Blanch tomatoes to make peeling and seeding easier, then chop tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and let stand for at least three hours.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When thick and smooth, fill clean bottles and let sit for a few days in the refrigerator before using.
Makes 2 cups (500 mL).