- 1 tsp (5 mL) coriander
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground cloves
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp (5 mL) peeled and grated fresh gingerroot
- ½ tsp (2 mL) turmeric
- ⅛–¼ tsp (0.5–1 mL) cayenne pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) coarsely chopped onion
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces (sliced yams and cubed potatoes can be added for variation) juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) pistachio nut oil
- Mix sauce ingredients in blender or food processor, or with a whisk, until well blended. Set aside.
- Low heat saute onions in olive oil and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of water until soft.
- Add cauliflower or other vegetables.
- Add sauce mixture and cook covered, on low heat, until cauliflower or other vegetables are tender but not soft.
- Once cooked, remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and pistachio nut oil.
- Serve with brown rice, veggies, and plain yogurt.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Makes 4 servings.