- Your choice or combination of green leafy vegetables—kale, chard, bok choi, beet greens, dandelion, and spinach ripped or cut into bite-size pieces
- Dollop of butter or coconut oil (optional)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- Grated ginger (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan, melt 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of butter or coconut oil. Sauté onion and garlic (and ginger, if desired) on medium heat until almost cooked.
- Add enough water to cover the bottom of the skillet and the greens of your choice. Cover with a lid, stirring occasionally until cooked.
- Serve warm, seasoned to taste.
Makes 4 servings.
Option: Use water and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of tamari sauce when you sauté your vegetable of choice.