I never liked making piecrust with lard or shortening so we just did not eat pies. My family raved at the flaky texture and delicious flavor of this crust.
- 4 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1½ cups Omega Coconut Butter
- 2 tbsp Omega Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup ice water
- Mix flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in Omega Coconut Butter with a pastry knife until crumbly.
- Add vinegar to water. Stir in two-thirds of water and vinegar to flour mixture.
- Add in the remaining water and vinegar mixture until dough forms a ball and is not sticky.
- Refrigerate one hour before rolling into a piecrust. (Keeps up to one week in the fridge or freezer).
Makes 2 double-crust pies.